The 2019 NBA Draft is only eight days away, and final mock drafts are starting to roll in ahead of the annual event.
There will be 60 picks made in total, and in Sports Illustrated’s latest two-round mock draft, one-quarter of those picks are expected to come from the SEC.
As you can see below, SI columnist Jeremy Woo predicts a whopping 15 SEC players will hear their names called during the draft:
- No. 4 — Darius Garland, PG, Vanderbilt — Los Angeles Lakers
- No. 13 — PJ Washington, F, Kentucky — Miami Heat
- No. 14 — Tyler Herro, G, Kentucky — Boston Celtics
- No. 15 — Keldon Johnson, G/F, Kentucky — Detroit Pistons
- No. 23 — Nicolas Claxton, F/C, Georgia — Utah Jazz
- No. 33 — Daniel Gafford, F/C, Arkansas — Philadelphia 76ers
- No. 35 — Chuma Okeke, F, Auburn — Atlanta Hawks
- No. 37 — Naz Reid, F, LSU — Dallas Mavericks
- No. 39 — Grant Williams, F, Tennessee — New Orleans Pelicans
- No. 43 — Admiral Schofield, F, Tennessee — Minnesota Timberwolves
- No. 45 — Jontay Porter, F/C, Mizzou — Detroit Pistons
- No. 47 — Terence Davis, G, Ole Miss — Sacramento Kings
- No. 53 — Tremont Waters, PG, LSU — Utah Jazz
- No. 59 — Jordan Bone, PG, Tennessee — Toronto Raptors
- No. 60 — Quinndary Weatherspoon, G, Mississippi State — Sacramento Kings
That would be a lot of SEC talent going in the draft, but with the way the conference has become a basketball power in recent years, it’s not surprising. We’ll see if Woo’s predictions play out on Thursday.