The 2018 NFL Draft is drawing ever closer, and that means teams and analysts are finalizing their draft boards.
It’s safe to say there will be more than a handful of former SEC players chosen in the first round, though perhaps not as many as in years past.
In NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks’s latest first-round mock draft, he has eight ex-SEC stars going on Day 1. Here’s a look at those eight players:
- No. 10 — Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia — Oakland Raiders
- No. 14 — Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama — Green Bay Packers
- No. 15 — Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama — Arizona Cardinals
- No. 17 — Da’Ron Payne, DL, Alabama — Los Angeles Chargers
- No. 24 — Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina — Carolina Panthers
- No. 26 — Taven Bryan, DL, Florida — Atlanta Falcons
- No. 28 — Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama — Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 30 — Isaiah Wynn, OL, Georgia — Minnesota Vikings
There’s still time for this to change, but by now, most teams have gotten all the information they need to make their decisions.
Now, it’ll come down to how trades and other factors affect the first round of this month’s draft in Dallas.