ESPN predicts the winners of each SEC bowl game
The SEC has nine bowl-bound teams, with Mizzou kicking off the action on Dec. 27 in the Texas Bowl and Alabama wrapping things up against Clemson in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1.
Of course, if either Georgia or Alabama wins, the SEC will have a team or two in the national title game on Jan. 8, as well, but that isn’t a sure thing just yet.
For now, though, there are nine SEC bowl games, and nine different opponents for teams from the conference to prepare for.
ESPN has made its picks for who will win each bowl game. You can find the whole list here, but here’s how the Worldwide Leader thinks SEC squads will fare:
- Texas Bowl: Mizzou 35, Texas 28
- Belk Bowl: Wake Forest 36, Texas A&M 28
- Music City Bowl: Northwestern 34, Kentucky 27
- TaxSlayer Bowl: Louisville 37, Mississippi State 31
- Outback Bowl: Michigan 23, South Carolina 14
- Peach Bowl: Auburn 43, UCF 34
- Citrus Bowl: LSU 28, Notre Dame 24
- Rose Bowl: Oklahoma 31, Georgia 29
- Sugar Bowl: Clemson 27, Alabama 24
For those of you keeping track, that’s an abysmal 3-6 record for SEC squads. The conference will need to do better than ESPN projects to keep fans of other conferences off its back.
If the SEC goes 3-6 and neither College Football Playoff semifinalist advances, questions about the SEC’s dominance will abound this offseason.