Georgia’s recruiting coup has helped the Bulldogs make a move in the latest ESPN “Way-Too-Early” top 25 poll. After landing the nation’s No. 1 recruiting class, UGA was the biggest riser among the poll’s top 10 teams.
The poll, done by ESPN’s Mark Schlabach, is the third one done this offseason. Considering we’ve seen so many iterations of the poll before spring football even begins in the SEC, perhaps a name change is in order.
The Bulldogs were the only SEC team to make a move of at least two spots while Alabama, LSU and South Carolina remained static in the poll. Auburn and Mississippi State each dropped a spot.
Here’s how the SEC fared in the latest poll:
- #2 — Alabama (Previous rank: #2)
- #3 — Georgia (Previous rank: #5)
- #14 — Auburn (Previous rank: #13)
- #20 — Mississippi State (Previous rank: #19)
- #23 — LSU (Previous rank: #23)
- #25 — South Carolina (Previous rank: #25)