Hurricane Florence is bearing down on the East Coast, and could end up being one of the strongest storms ever to hit land north of Florida.
Already, evacuations have been ordered along the coast, particularly in South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. Though football is an afterthought, and everyone in that region’s safety is priority No. 1, the storm is indeed messing with several Week 3 matchups.
As you can see below, we have compiled a list of all the games affected by the storm so far, including three games involving top-25 teams:
- Campbell at Coastal Carolina — moved to 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday, moved from South Carolina to North Carolina
- Boston College at Wake Forest — moved from 7:30 p.m. ET to 5:30 p.m. ET on Thursday
- No. 18 UCF at North Carolina — game cancelled
- East Carolina at No. 13 Virginia Tech — game cancelled
- Ohio at Virginia — moved to Nashville, will be played at Vanderbilt’s Stadium on Saturday
- No. 14 West Virginia at NC State — game cancelled
- Norfolk State at Liberty — game moved to Dec. 1
As the week goes on, we’ll have to see if any other games are cancelled or moved.
In the SEC world, South Carolina is scheduled to host Marshall on Saturday afternoon. We’ll keep you updated on the status of that game.