It’s mid-May, and the college football season is just 100 days away.
It’ll be here before we know it, too.
On Wednesday, Sporting News dropped their pre-season bowl projections, which included 11 SEC teams. The media outlet projects more of the same not only in the SEC, but in the national picture, too.
Alabama is projected to play Oklahoma in the College Football Playoff Semifinal. The Tide are projected to win that matchup and play — wait for it — Clemson in the national title game. Will the Tide and Tigers dominate college football again? It’ll be hard-pressed to keep both teams out.
While it does project 11 SEC teams making the post-season, three teams are left out: Arkansas, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. Chad Morris, Matt Luke and Derek Mason have their work cut out for them in 2018.
Here are Sporting News’ preseason bowl projections:
- CFP National Championship: Alabama vs. Clemson
- Orange Bowl (CFP): Alabama vs. Oklahoma
- Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. TCU
- Citrus Bowl: Auburn vs. Penn State
- Outback Bowl: South Carolina vs. Michigan State
- Gator Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Virginia Tech
- Military Bowl: Kentucky vs. Army
- Belk Bowl: LSU vs. FSU
- Music City Bowl: Missouri vs. NC State
- Texas Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State
- Independence Bowl: Florida vs. Pittsburgh
- Birmingham Bowl: Tennessee vs. Memphis