SEC Bowl Projections after Week 7
Mississippi State and Ole Miss now sit atop the SEC’s throne as the league’s frontrunners for invites into the College Football Playoff following Saturday’s wins over Auburn and Texas A&M. The Egg Bowl could decide the SEC West and an at-large postseason berth if both teams come in unbeaten on Nov. 29.
Texas A&M’s Playoff and SEC Championship hopes are likely over following consecutive convincing losses to the Rebels and Bulldogs. The Aggies take on Alabama next.
2014 SEC BOWL PROJECTIONS AFTER WEEK 7 (11 invites)
- College Football Playoff Semifinal (Rose Bowl): Mississippi State vs Baylor
- College Football Playoff Semifinal (Sugar Bowl): Ole Miss vs Florida State
- Peach: Auburn vs East Carolina
- Orange: Alabama vs Notre Dame
- Citrus: Georgia vs Ohio State
- Outback: Texas A&M vs Nebraska
- Music City: Kentucky vs Georgia Tech
- TaxSlayer: Missouri vs Rutgers
- Belk: Florida vs Duke
- Texas: LSU vs West Virginia
- Liberty: South Carolina vs Kansas State
On the outside looking in: Arkansas, Tennessee, Vanderbilt