3rd South Carolina basketball player enters NCAA transfer portal
Another South Carolina basketball player could be leaving Frank Martin’s program.
According to multiple outlets, including The Big Spur, redshirt sophomore guard TJ Moss has entered the NCAA transfer portal. He is the third Gamecock to enter the transfer portal, following Jalyn McCreary and Trae Hannibal.
Moss played in 18 games (5 starts) of the 2020-21 campaign, averaging 18.3 minutes, 4.3 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.
His South Carolina official bio details his previous two seasons in Columbia:
- Saw action in 30 games, averaging 2.0 points, 0.9 rebounds and 1.5 assists in 11.9 minutes per game
- Had seven games with 2+ assists and one double-figure scoring outing
- Scored six points and dished four assists with a pair of steals in the win vs. Cleveland State (Nov. 15)
- Scored 10 points, hitting a season-high four attempts from the floor, to go along with three assists in upset win vs. No. 10/12 Kentucky (Jan. 15)
- Had a season-high five assists at Ole Miss (Feb. 5)
- Saw action in seven games, averaging 6.3 points and 1.9 assists in 20.6 minutes per game, before being sidelined for the remainder of the season with injuries to his ankle and foot in early December
- Also missed the first two games of the season due to a foot injury
- Posted two double-figure scoring games, including a season high 12 points vs. Providence (Nov. 17)
- Connected on a trio of 3-pointers in win over George Washington (Nov. 18)
- Dished a season high four assists in 32 minutes at Wyoming (Dec. 5)