NFL Week 4 recap: Cobb shines in Packers rout of Bears
Former Kentucky All-SEC wideout Randall Cobb had far and away his best game of the season for the Green Bay Packers in a 38-17 win over the Chicago Bears on Sunday.
Cobb caught a season-high seven passes for 113 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers victory. It was his first 100-yard performance of the season, and his second multi-touchdown game in four weeks this season. He now has 239 receiving yards and five touchdowns in 2014.
Here’s what some other former Kentucky Wildcats did around the NFL last weekend:
- Stevie Johnson: The former Kentucky standout wide receiver caught just one pass, but it went for 12 yards and a touchdown in the San Francisco 49ers’ 26-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.
- Tim Masthay: The Green Bay Packers’ punter was called on five times in Sunday’s action, averaging 43 yards per punt while landing two inside the Bears’ 20 yard line in Green Bay’s victory.
- Corey Peters: Peters recorded two tackles from his defensive tackle position for the Atlanta Falcons in their 41-28 loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.
- Larry Warford: Warford started at guard for the Detroit Lions in their 24-17 victory over the New York Jets Sunday afternoon.
- Avery Williamson: Kentucky’s lone draftee in the 2014 NFL Draft made seven tackles from his linebacker position for the Tennessee Titans in their 41-17 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.
- Wesley Woodyard: The Titans’ defensive captain registered nine tackles and an interception in the loss to the Colts. The interception was his first of the season and the sixth of his seven-year career. He’s also recorded nine tackles in back-to-back games and now has 28 tackles in four games this season.