What Nick Saban said after Alabama's 62-10 win over New Mexico State
Alabama took care of business on Saturday, beating New Mexico State 62-10 in its 2019 home opener. Nick Saban’s squad improved to 2-0 ahead of a Week 3 meeting with South Carolina to open SEC play.
After the game, Saban met with reporters to go over the win, talk injuries, scheduling and more. Here are some of the highlights of what he had to say, with the full video below:
- On 62-10 victory over New Mexico State: It was a good win for the team.
- On sloppiness: Got sloppy when playing a lot of backups at end of the game.
- On Trevon Diggs: Had cramps and is fine now.
- On injuries: Doesn’t think anyone was injured in Saturday’s game.
- On the offensive line: Landon Dickerson filled in at center with Emil Ekiyor and Chris Ownes injured.
- On scheduling teams like New Mexico State: We try to schedule the best teams we can schedule. We can only play the teams willing to play Tide.
- More on scheduling, to reporter: “Why don’t you start calling around and get somebody to play us? We’ll play anybody you get to play us.”
- On WR Jerry Jeudy: He’s a pretty complete guy when it comes to being a really good receiver.
- On Antonio Alfano, who did not suit up: Going through “some discipline things.”
- On running backs: Vision was better Saturday.
Watch Coach Saban’s Postgame Press Conference following Alabama’s 62-10 win over New Mexico State https://t.co/H4GhRg3etP
— Alabama Athletics (@UA_Athletics) September 7, 2019