What Ed Orgeron said Wednesday on the SEC Coaches Teleconference
LSU had no trouble with Southeastern Louisiana on Saturday, defeating the Lions 31-0.
Joe Burrow threw his first two touchdowns as a Tiger and Nick Brossette had another impressive game, rushing for 137 yards on 19 carries. While the Week 1 win over Miami was impressive, LSU faces their toughest opponent yet when they open up SEC play this week at No. 7 Auburn.
Here’s what coach Ed Orgeron said on Wednesday during the SEC Coaches’ Teleconference:
- We have a couple changes up front Austin Declus will rep at RT, will be a game time decision if he starts there
On JaCoby Steven at LB
- That’s a position we think he can play very well. That’s something we’ve done with our guys. He can play outside linebacker, he can play safety, he can play nickel. We think he’ll be very good at it.
On having no turnovers this season. What’s the key to that?
- it’s huge. We work very hard on it. That’s something I got from Pete Carroll at USC. It’s no Turnover Wednesday in practice. It’s a mindset and I have to give credit to our coaches.
On Darin Rosenthal at LT
- Daruis is 6’8” about 340, he’s a very good athlete. He’s tough. I think he will be an outstanding LT. I don’t know how much we can do with him this year but we will try
On Joe Burrow
- It will be a big test. He did well against Miami, this will be different. They have a dominate front but he’s faced pressure before. There will be adversity, he’ll pass the test and should do well
On Rosenthal flipping from DL to OL
- we wanted to give him a shot on the defensive line… he wanted to play DL but I think he sees the opportunity and his future at offensive line
On Steven Ensminger returning to Auburn
- I promise you, it hasn’t crossed his mind. He’s working hard this week. We have things we have to improve on and he’s focused on that. I’m not even sure he remembers he coached there.
On Auburn OC Chip Linsdey
- I think he’s doing excellent, obviously. It’s the Gus Malzahn formations, jet sweeps, reverses, shots downfield and power running game. Stidham is perfect for what they want to do. It looks like the same offense to me.
On Auburn’s RB
- I think it’s tremendous. Hard to tackle, make you miss but I have to give credit to the offensive line… This is a tremendous set of backs we will see this year
On JaCoby Stevens, was that move brought on by Chaisson’s injury
- Sure. It has some things to do with Chaisson’s injury but more to do with Stevens’ ability.