247Sports updates bowl projections after Week 0
Florida’s sloppy win over Miami did not receive many style points, but it mattered most in the win-loss column, and kept alive hopes of a solid bowl destination.
Following the Miami victory for the Gators, 247Sports updated its bowl projections for the season. The web site lists Florida against Virginia in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 1
And while Florida might have been overrated at No. 8 in the preseason Top 25, the Gators got it done on Saturday night vs. Miami and are only going to improve from here if that defense continues to own opposing offensive fronts — admittedly, Miami’s youth and inexperience helped.
Florida largely held serve, or perhaps made a slight upgrade from many preseason bowl projections. With an off week ahead of the Tennessee-Martin game before Kentucky and Tennessee, the Gators should remain in this area for a while.
Here are the other SEC bowl projections:
- CFB PLAYOFF SEMIFINAL (PEACH BOWL) No. 4 Alabama vs. No. 1 Clemson
- CFB PLAYOFF SEMIFINAL (FIESTA BOWL) No. 2 Georgia vs. No. 3 Michigan
- Sugar Bowl: Oklahoma vs. LSU
- Gator Bowl: Penn State vs. Mississippi State
- Texas Bowl: Iowa State vs. Auburn
- Music City Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Kentucky
- Citrus Bowl: Nebraska vs. Texas A&M
- Liberty Bowl: South Carolina vs. Baylor
- Belk Bowl: Syracuse vs. Tennessee