ESPN updates New Year's 6, Playoff bowl projections following Week 2 action
The 2020 season is going to be weird when it comes to bowl games, as we’re still unsure whether games will wait for a potential Pac-12 and Big Ten return.
For now, though, it does seem likely that the College Football Playoff will go on as scheduled, with or without those conferences. After Week 2 action, ESPN experts Kyle Bonagura and Mark Schlabach updated their New Year’s 6 and Playoff projections.
As you can see below, they both have 2 SEC squads making the Playoff field, and 6 total SEC teams are mentioned:
- Bonagura: Sugar Bowl (CFP) vs. Oklahoma
- Schlabach: Sugar Bowl (CFP) vs. Oklahoma
- Bonagura: Fiesta Bowl vs. Texas
- Schlabach: None
- Bonagura: Rose Bowl (CFP) vs. Clemson
- Schlabach: Orange Bowl vs. Notre Dame
- Bonagura: Orange Bowl vs. Notre Dame
- Schlabach: Rose Bowl (CFP) vs. Clemson
- Bonagura: None
- Schlabach: Peach Bowl vs. North Carolina
- Bonagura: Cotton Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
- Schlabach: Cotton Bowl vs. Texas