ESPN’s FPI has chosen the winner of the Week 4 matchup between Tennessee and UTSA on Rocky Top. The Vols head back home after losing to Florida in The Swamp.

Tennessee suffered a 29-16 loss to Florida in Gainesville. Joe Milton’s streak without an interception was ended after throwing a ball in the air to avoid taking a sack. The long losing streak to the Gators in The Swamp will continue for another season. Tennessee has not beaten Florida in Gainesville since 2003.

The Volunteer faithful have recovered and are ready to cheer on the team in Knoxville.

Saturday will be the first time that UTSA has played Tennessee in college football. The Roadrunners recently moved from the C-USA to the American Athletic. UTSA lost to Army 37-29 in Week 3 without star quarterback Frank Harris, who was injured.

The FPI believes that Tennessee will come out on top in Week 4, giving the Volunteers an 86.4% chance of winning. UTSA’s odds of pulling off the upset are 13.6%.

Despite losing to Florida, Tennessee stayed inside the AP Top 25, coming in at No. 23 ahead of the matchup.

UTSA comes into the game at 1-2 after losses to the Black Knights and Houston. Kickoff between the Volunteers and Roadrunners will be at 4 p.m. ET on SEC Network.

Read More

Tennessee sports betting officially launched on November 1, 2020. Tennessee was the first SEC state to legalize sports betting.