Alabama game-by-game predictions: ESPN's FPI projects Crimson Tide's 2022 season
Alabama enters the 2022 season as a major favorite to win the national championship. The Crimson Tide return reigning Heisman-winning QB Bryce Young and star edge rusher Will Anderson Jr. — perhaps the most fearsome duo in all of college football.
ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) predicts huge things from Nick Saban’s squad this fall, too, projecting the Tide to win every game in convincing fashion. In fact, the FPI projections give the Crimson Tide a 16.6% chance to win out this year.
So, can the Tide live up to these lofty expectations? Don’t expect the regular season to give them much trouble. As you can see below, ESPN’s FPI gives Alabama at least a 75% chance to win every game, with 11 of the 12 regular-season matchups having at least an 80% chance of a Tide victory:
- Sept. 3 vs. Utah State: 99.2% chance of winning
- Sept. 10 at Texas: 75.3% chance of winning
- Sept. 17 vs. Louisiana-Monroe: 99.8% chance of winning
- Sept. 24 vs. Vanderbilt: 99.3% chance of winning
- Oct. 1 at Arkansas: 88.0% chance of winning
- Oct. 8 vs. Texas A&M: 90.9% chance of winning
- Oct. 15 at Tennessee: 88.1% chance of winning
- Oct. 22 vs. Mississippi State: 92.8% chance of winning
- Nov. 5 at LSU: 81.5% chance of winning
- Nov. 12 at Ole Miss: 82.5% chance of winning
- Nov. 19 vs. Austin Peay: 99.8% chance of winning
- Nov. 26 vs. Auburn: 89.9% chance of winning
The most likely stumbling block? That Week 2 matchup at Texas looms large. Still, going on the road and having a 75.3% chance to win is pretty good!
Will the Tide get to Atlanta with a chance to win another SEC title and get to the College Football Playoff yet again? We’ll find out starting in just a matter of weeks!