Alabama leads PFF's 50 best 2019 NFL Draft prospects playing in College Football Playoff
It takes special players to get to college football’s final four. Knowing that many Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma players will be playing on Sundays, Pro Football Focus decided to rank the top 50 2019 NFL Draft prospects playing on Saturday.
It’s no surprise to see Alabama DL Quinnen Williams at No. 1 overall:
The biggest breakout player of the season, Williams went from productive backup to the most dominant player on the defensive side of the ball and a potential top-five pick. He has the No. 1 overall grade in the nation, at 96.1, including the No. 1 pass-rush and run-defense grades among interior defensive linemen.
OT Jonah Williams is right behind Quinnen Williams at No. 2 with D Deionte Thompson at No. 4. (Note: No. 3 is Clemson’s Dexter Lawrence. The list was published before news broke that Lawrence failed a drug test.)
Here’s the full list of Alabama players to make PFF’s top 50:
- No. 1 – DL Quinnen Williams
- No. 2 – OT Jonah Williams
- No. 4 – S Deionte Thompson
- No. 13 – CB Shyheim Carter
- No. 14 – TE Irv Smith Jr.
- No. 16 – DL Raekwon Davis
- No. 17 – RB Damien Harris
- No. 18 – LB Christian Miller
- No. 19 – RB Josh Jacobs
- No. 22 – LB Mack Wilson
- No. 23 – DL Isaiah Buggs
- No. 29 – CB Saivion Smith
- No. 31 – OG Lester Cotton St.
- No. 36 – LB Anfernee Jennings
- No. 43 – C Ross Pierschbacher
- No. 50 – QB Jalen Hurts
The full list of 50 with Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma players can be viewed here.