ESPN's FPI predicts Alabama's remaining games
Alabama beat New Mexico State 62-10 on Saturday to get to 2-0, and the Tide looked dominant, albeit against extremely weak competition. Besides Nick Saban’s disappointment in students leaving early, it was a good day in Tuscaloosa one week before the 2019 SEC opener.
Next week, Alabama travels to Columbia to begin conference play against Will Muschamp and South Carolina with freshman phenom Ryan Hilsinki at quarterback. Williams-Brice Stadium will be electric, but there may not be much of an upset alert in the eyes of ESPN’s Football Power Index, a metric that “measures (a) team’s true strength on net points scale; expected point margin vs average opponent on a neutral field.
Even with a high percentage, the FPI still believes it could be one of Alabama’s more competitive SEC matchups. Here are the projected win probabilities for the rest of the Crimson Tide’s season.
- Sept. 14 @ South Carolina: 86.2%
- Sept. 21 vs. Southern Mississippi: 98.8%
- Sept. 28 vs. Ole Miss: 96.7%
- Oct. 12 @ Texas A&M: 78.8%
- Oct. 19 vs. Tennessee: 96.8%
- Oct. 26 vs. Arkansas: 98.8%
- Nov. 9 vs. LSU: 70.4%
- Nov. 16 @ Mississippi State: 83.1%
- Nov. 23 vs. Western Carolina: 100%
- Nov. 30 @ Auburn: 77.8%