ESPN's FPI predicts the remaining games on Alabama's schedule
Behind 3 touchdowns from senior Najee Harris and 2 from junior Jaylen Waddle, the Alabama Crimson Tide took control early and never looked back in their 38-19 victory over the Missouri Tigers on September 26.
Maintaining their No. 2 ranking in the latest edition of the Associated Press Poll, released on Sunday, ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) is high on Alabama’s chances of running the table the rest of the way, giving them at least a 74.2 percent chance to win each of their remaining contests.
Here is a quick explanation of how the FPI is calculated.
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team’s success for the rest of the season.
FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.
The Crimson Tide’s remaining schedule:
- Oct. 3 vs. No. 13 Texas A&M (90.8 percent)
- Oct. 10 at Ole Miss (92.5 percent)
- Oct. 17 vs. No. 4 Georgia (74.2 percent)
- Oct. 24 at No. 21 Tennessee (91.1 percent)
- Oct. 31 vs. No. 16 Mississippi State (93.5 percent)
- Nov. 14 at No. 20 LSU (82 percent)
- Nov. 21 vs. Kentucky (93.3 percent)
- Nov. 28 vs. No. 7 Auburn (75.8 percent)
- Dec. 5 at Arkansas (96.3 percent)
Saturday’s clash with Jimbo Fisher’s Aggies will kick at 3:30 p.m. ET on the SEC on CBS with Brad Nessler, Gary Danielson, and Jamie Erdahl on the call.