ESPN's FPI projects every game remaining on Alabama's schedule
The Alabama Crimson Tide stumbled on Saturday night at Texas A&M, losing 41-38.
A setback? Yes. But the Tide still have a chance to win a national title if they win out and win the SEC Championship Game.
ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) gives the Tide at least an 80% chance to win all 6 of their remaining regular-season games:
- Oct. 16 at Mississippi State — 82.0% chance to win
- Oct. 23 vs. Tennessee — 89.4% chance to win
- Nov. 6 vs. LSU — 93.5% chance to win
- Nov. 13 vs. New Mexico State — 99.9% chance to win
- Nov. 20 vs. Arkansas — 88.2% chance to win
- Nov. 27 at Auburn — 80.2% chance to win
So, based on that, the Crimson Tide will win out in the regular season, setting up a showdown with likely Georgia or Kentucky in the SEC Championship Game. A win there, and a Playoff berth is inevitable.