Nick Saban discusses the challenges LSU's offense presents under Matt Canada
Nick Saban got a great birthday present last night as his Alabama team debuted at No. 2 in the initial College Football Playoff poll. How will his team respond to finishing behind Georgia in the first poll? Most expect the Tide to take it out on LSU Saturday night.
Saban was among the first coaches to speak during Wednesday’s SEC Coaches Teleconference.
Here’s a summary of what the Alabama coach had to say:
- Opening statement: “I think discipline is really important this time of year. How you get ready for each game. This is a big game, as they all are this time of year.”
- Derrius Guice, what stands out to you about him? “First of all, he is a great competitor. He has power, speed, good receiver, all-around good player… What makes him really good is the combination of speed and power.”
- What about his balance? “Yeah, that’s an indicator of a good back and he’s got great balance.”
- Preparing for Matt Canada, how different is it this year? “I don’t make comparisons. This is a new offense, they do it with multiple groups. It is different week in and week out and that will be a challenge for our players.”
- Thoughts on LSU LB Devin White? “I do remember recruiting him, he has a great personality. Some guys you love recruiting them due to their personality and he was one of those guys. I’ve very impressed with him.”