Todd McShay's initial 2015 mock draft includes 10 SEC first-rounders
There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and SEC football players getting drafted in the first round.
ESPN’s Todd McShay released his first 2015 mock draft on Wednesday, and 10 of the 32 players he projects are SEC players, including five of the top 11.
It’s still fairly early in the evaluation process for NFL teams, which aren’t even close to producing their own big boards yet. But time’s running out for players to put good performances on video, and performing in shorts and T-shirts and in interviews can only do so much for a player’s NFL prospects.
Here’s how the SEC’s first-round players currently project, according to McShay.
5. Missouri DE Shane Ray (Washington Redskins)
6. Alabama WR Amari Cooper (New York Jets)
7. Florida DE Dante Fowler Jr. (Atlanta Falcons)
9. Alabama S Landon Collins (Chicago Bears)
11. Texas A&M OT Cedric Ogbuehi (Minnesota Vikings)
27. LSU OT La’El Collins (Indianapolis Colts)
28. Mississippi State LB Benardrick McKinney (Green Bay Packers)
29. Georgia RB Todd Gurley (Seattle Seahawks)
30. Kentucky DE Bud Dupree (Arizona Cardinals)
31. South Carolina G A.J. Cann (New England Patriots)
McShay also had Arkansas DE Trey Flowers in his “top five prospects still available.”