Arkansas game-by-game predictions: ESPN's FPI predicts Hogs' season
After managing just 2 wins in 2019 under Chad Morris, including losing the last 9 games, Sam Pittman has led a resurgence in Fayetteville. Last season, the Hogs won 3 SEC games, including an upset win over then-No. 16 Mississippi State.
Pittman has added a sense of toughness and development to the Hogs program, and this year, Arkansas is looking to climb even higher under the coaching staff.
Every year, Arkansas arguably has the nation’s toughest schedule, and in 2021, it’s certainly no different. Along with drawing Texas from the Big 12 as a non-conference game, it plays a brutal SEC gauntlet down the stretch, with back-to-back games at LSU and at Alabama in November before a rivalry date with Missouri.
So, how many games will Arkansas win this year? ESPN’s Football Power Index dropped its game-by-game predictions for the Hogs. According to the index, the Hogs will finish 6-6 or 5-7. The FPI predicts the Hogs will beat Rice, Georgia Southern, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Mississippi State and Mizzou. Of course, Arkansas would need to win one more game to clinch a bowl game berth.
Below are the FPI’s game-by-game predictions for the Hogs:
- Sept. 4 vs. Rice: 93.7 percent chance of winning
- Sept. 11 vs. Texas: 29.4 percent chance of winning
- Sept. 18 vs. Georgia Southern: 82.2 percent chance of winning
- Sept. 25 vs. Texas A&M: 18.4 percent chance of winning
- Oct. 2 at Georgia: 12.5 percent chance of winning
- Oct. 9 at Ole Miss: 32 percent chance of winning
- Oct. 16 vs. Auburn: 41.7 percent chance of winning
- Oct. 23 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 99.8 percent chance of winning
- Nov. 6 vs. Mississippi State: 55.9 percent chance of winning
- Nov. 13 at LSU: 28.8 percent chance of winning
- Nov. 20 at Alabama: 5.5 percent chance of winning
- Nov. 26 vs. Missouri: 63.9 percent chance of winning