Chad Morris updates injury statuses ahead of tough road game at Ole Miss
Arkansas picked up a win over Portland State last week, but the Razorbacks see their opponent degree of difficult ramp up considerably this week when they face an Ole Miss team in Oxford that lost to Memphis.
Arkansas is dealing with the loss of starting defensive lineman Dorian Gerald, who suffered a strained artery last week.
The Razorbacks will get another look at quarterback play a week after starter Ben Hicks was 14-for-29 for 143 yards, but he was also victimized by several incomplete passes.
On the SEC media teleconference, Morris explained his expectation for the Ole Miss game, injury updates and his defense:
- On what he expects this weekend vs. Ole Miss? Well, both defenses played well, both offenses didn’t execute. I knew they have two outstanding coordinators that have both been coaches of the year. They will have their team ready, as we will. It’s hard to predict. Going on the road in this league is hard and we have to take care of business.
- On O’Grady and Capps, Bell status? We will continue to evaluate them, CJ practiced yesterday, he looks as good as he did early in camp. I expect him to be a part of this game.
- On his young wide receivers first road game: It’s a great opportunity for them to get some experience. We have given them the opportunity to make a difference and they’ve done it since they got here. I’m excited about that.
- On the defense’s aggressiveness in the opener: Well, each game you look at the personnel and decide how you want to attack it… based on the video from Memphis game, Coach Rodriguez has been here before and we will get some things they have not shown yet and that just goes with playing games early in the year.
- On Treylon Burks: It’s just refreshing when you go out to practice and are able to interact with those guys and seeing their development… Anything you can do to increase their knowledge.