Frustrated Arkansas fan points out 19 coaches have beaten an SEC opponent since Chad Morris' hire
Second-year coach Chad Morris is still searching for his first victory against an SEC opponent at Arkansas. In the SEC, which is generally viewed as the toughest conference around the country, it’s hard to win league games.
Having said that, Arkansas fan William H. Snead III (you can follow him at @SneadFeed) noted on Twitter that 19 non-SEC coaches have defeated an SEC team since Morris became the coach for the Razorbacks.
Here are the 19 and their records against SEC competition since the start of last year:
- Dabo Swinney, Clemson (4-0)
- Kirk Ferentz, Iowa (1-0)
- Mike Norvell, Memphis (1-0)
- Chris Klieman, Kansas State (1-0)
- Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State (1-0)
- Dana Holgerson, West Virginia (1-0)
- Shawn Elliott, Georgia State (1-0)
- Kalani Sitake, BYU (1-0)
- Justin Wilcox, Cal (1-0)
- Bronco Mendenhall, Virginia (1-0)
- Mack Brown, North Carolina (1-0)
- Tony Sanchez, UNLV (1-0)
- Seth Littrell, North Texas (1-0)
- Brent Brennan, San Jose State (1-0)
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame (1-1)
- Tom Herman, Texas (1-1)
- Craig Bohl, Wyoming (1-1)
- Mike Bobo, Colorado State (1-2)
- Jeff Brohm, Purdue (1-2)
The frustrated Arkansas fan also pointed out that those 19 coaches are a combined 22-7 against the SEC. Meanwhile, Morris is 0-11 in conference play.
Looking ahead to Arkansas’ remaining schedule, it looks like there’s a good chance the Razorbacks go winless in the SEC for a second straight season. Of the five SEC opponents still left on the Arkansas schedule, four of them are ranked. The Razorbacks’ best chance for an SEC victory this year might come against Mississippi State on Nov. 2.