WATCH: Arkansas gives behind the scenes look at the SEC's largest academic center
If you didn’t already know, Arkansas has been busy putting forth an incredible investment into the current and future of the Razorback program. Not only does Arkansas now have athletic facilities that rival any program in the country, the Razorbacks have one of the nicest academic centers in the nation.
The Jerry & Gene Jones Family Student-Athlete Success Center has been open since 2015 but the Razorbacks wanted to remind the world just how nice the program’s center for student academics is compared to the rest of the nation.
Arkansas claims the 55,000 square foot building is the largest academic center in the SEC.
The building also features the following amenities for all Arkansas athletes, according to the team’s official website:
- 37 Tutor Rooms (10 Large rooms for 6-8 people and 27 Small rooms for 2-4 people).
- • 5,000 SF of open study/lounge space
- • 3 computer labs
- • 3 learning labs –Mathematics, Writing and Language
- 20 offices for staff and academic counselors and a designated area for graduate assistants
- 1,500 SF in the Multi-Purpose Room with a capacity of 90+
- 138 Seat Auditorium (Designed for hosting the Razorback Leadership Academy, seminars, guest speakers, large group presentations and other Athletic Academic programming with full A/V capabilities).
- Designated area for Educational Enrichment Services
- Designated area for Student-Athlete Development
- Wellness area with offices for staff psychologist and nutritionist
- Dining Hall with a full-service kitchen and seating for approx. 225 people
Check out the video recently shared by the football team’s official Twitter account:
You know if Jerry and Gene Jones put their name on it, the place is top notch.
Check out what the LARGEST academic center in the SEC has to offer courtesy of your tour guides @bumperpool10 and @frankwhite63 #WPS #HammerDown pic.twitter.com/n4kS3dd7h1
— Arkansas Razorbacks Football (@RazorbackFB) January 28, 2019