20 reasons it's better to be an Auburn fan than a Georgia fan
It’s officially Auburn-Georgia hate week. This year there’s a ton on the line: Georgia’s SEC hopes, Georgia’s Playoff hopes, Gus’ next job at Arkansas and so much more. It should be a great game with 2 proud and passionate fan bases.
But who should you root for if you’re a neutral fan? We’re here to help you out. We put together a list of 20 reasons it’s better to be an Auburn fan than a Georgia fan. Don’t worry UGA fans, your list is coming soon.
1. We all remember what happened the last time a highly-ranked Georgia team played at Auburn.
2. There’s not a more beautiful stadium than Jordan-Hare
A lot better than just a pair of hedges.
3. There are more Cookout locations in Auburn than in Athens
The best fast food stop in the world. What more reasons do you need?
4. You’ve won a national championship this decade
You’ll have to go back way more than a decade to find Georgia’s last championship.
5. You didn’t lose to South Carolina
Ask your local Georgia fan how that game went for them?
6. You know what it’s like to watch your team in the Final Four
Does Georgia have a basketball team?
7. You got to experience the glory of Cam Newton
He had to leave his hometown state to find a good football team, apparently.
8. Four words: Prayer at Jordan-Hare
9. You’ve beaten Alabama this decade
Georgia’s had a halftime lead on them though.
10. An Eagle is a wayyyyy cooler live mascot than a bulldog
No offense Uga, but it’s true.
11. You didn’t let Justin Fields leave your program
That one hurts, doesn’t it.
12. You get to watch Derrick Brown every Saturday
Georgia’s not ready for the best defensive line in football.
13. You’ve never been beaten by a backup quarterback in a championship game … twice
The scariest phrase a Dawg fan can hear is “Looks like the 2nd-string quarterback is about to enter the game.”
14. You don’t have to root for the Falcons and Braves
A Georgia fan’s misery isn’t just limited to Saturdays in the fall.
15. Your fans are way cooler than this
16. You’ll never have to bark at anyone
There are much more civilized ways to express your fandom.
17. A Georgia grad could never be CEO of Apple
A Georgia Tech grad, maybe, but definitely not UGA.
18. The city of Auburn isn’t just a few square miles of different bars and Waffle Houses
That would be Athens.
19. You’ve never had an embarrassing blackout game on national tv
No program finds more unique ways of embarrassing itself than Georgia.