Auburn still has a great chance to reach College Football Playoff
What are Auburn’s chances to make the College Football Playoff?
The Tigers entered Week 11 with a nine percent chance to make the playoff, according to FiveThirtyEight Sports, and as pointed out in a tweet from ESPN reporter Heather Dinich on Saturday.
If Auburn wins out, however, it would have a 91 percent chance to reach the playoff. Winning out, of course, would include two wins over Georgia and one win over Alabama.
It’s basically playoff time for Auburn already. The Tigers were leading No. 1 Georgia 30-10 at the time of this post in the third quarter of Saturday’s game at Jordan-Hare Stadium. If the Tigers hold on, they will still control their destiny to reach the SEC Championship Game.
Then, if Auburn can top Alabama in the Iron Bowl, it will win the SEC West, thus setting up the second contest with UGA. If all of these things happen, it would be hard to argue against Auburn’s resume come Dec. 2.
Auburn entered the week with a 9 percent chance to make the CFP according to FiveThirtyEight. If the Tigers win out (which would include two wins vs Georgia and one vs Alabama), the Tigers would have a 91 percent chance to reach the playoff per @FiveThirtyEight
— Heather Dinich (@CFBHeather) November 11, 2017