New England has better odds to win Super Bowl after signing Cam Newton, several prop bets released for new Patriots QB
Just how big of an impact is Cam Newton expected to make on the New England Patriots in 2020?
Well, the former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL MVP has already made a big impact on several betting lines.
With Tom Brady now leading the offense in Tampa Bay, the Patriots were expected to start the season with either Jarrett Stidham or Brian Hoyer under center. While Bill Belichick and his team have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to preseason expectations, that reality scared off many oddsmakers from predicting the Patriots to advance far in the upcoming NFL playoffs.
However, after signing Newton to a one-year deal, that’s not exactly the case, anymore.
Following the New England’s decision to sign Newton, FOXBet.com has updated several odds featuring the Patriots or the quarterback looking ahead to the 2020 NFL season.
Here are the updated odds following the Sunday evening signing of Cam Newton:
New England Super Bowl Odds
- 19/1 with Cam, 25/1 without
New England AFC Championship Odds
- 7/1 with Cam, 10/1 without
New England AFC East Champion Odds
- 1/1 with Cam, 6/5 without
New England Over/Under Win Total
- 9.5 wins with Cam, 9 wins without
New England Playoff Odds
- -227 to make playoffs with Cam, -190 without
(3.9% increased chance to make playoffs with Cam)
Cam Newton MVP Odds
- 100/1 to win MVP now; 300/1 when unsigned
Cam Newton Comeback Player of the Year
- 4/1 now; 22/1 when unsigned
Week 1 Starting QB for Patriots
- Cam Newton -227 (61.5% chance Cam starts Week 1)
- Jarrett Stidham +180 (31.7% chance Stidham starts Week 1)
- Brian Hoyer +1200 (6.8% chance Hoyer starts Week 1)
Cam New Player Props
- Over/Under 22.5 Passing Touchdowns
- Over/Under 3,249.5 Passing Yards
- Over/Under 549.5 Rushing Yards