A bizarre incident took place at the home of a Clemson football player this past weekend. Lannden Zanders, a safety for the Tigers, accidentally burned down his family home, according to the Greenville News.

The reports are that Zanders may have built a fire pit in his backyard at his family home and it apparently caught the house on fire.

Zanders then went to bed and when he woke up, he was surrounded by smoke and fire. No one was injured, but according to Zanders’s father, Lindell Zanders, his son is devastated by the whole incident.

“He said he went in the house and went to bed,” his father said. “When he woke up, the fire department was already there. He said his fan cut off and he opened his eyes and saw flames and smoke.”

“Lannden was crying hysterically,” he said. “He was like, ‘Daddy, the house is on fire. The house is burning down.’

The elder Zanders tried to console his son, but he blames himself for what happened. Zanders would have been at the Pitt game Saturday but did not travel with the team because of an injury.