SEC baseball schedule for Saturday, May 21
The 2022 SEC baseball regular season wraps up Saturday. The top 12 teams in the conference standings will be going to the SEC Tournament in Hoover, Alabama. The only tourney drama involves the final spot.
Mississippi State is out of the tournament picture at 9-20 in conference play. Alabama and South Carolina, each with 17 conference losses, have clinched SEC Tournament berths. The last spot comes down to Kentucky (11-18 in SEC play) and Missouri (10-19). In April, Mizzou took 2-of-3 from UK. The Tigers would go to Hoover if both teams finish 11-19.
In the SEC West, Arkansas and Texas A&M each enter Saturday with conference records of 18-11. Auburn is one game behind at 16-12. Alabama and Auburn had their series finale rained out last week, so the Crimson Tide and Tigers will finish playing only 29 conference games instead of 30.
Tennessee locked up the SEC East title earlier this month before going on to secure the regular-season conference championship as well. The Vols will be the No. 1 seed in the SEC Tournament.
Here’s how the series have gone so far:
Scores from Thursday
- Missouri def. Georgia, 11-3
- LSU def. No. 21 Vanderbilt, 13-2
- No. 1 Tennessee def. Mississippi State, 27-2
- Florida def. South Carolina, 14-5
- No. 7 Arkansas def. Alabama, 7-3
- No. 6 Texas A&M def. Ole Miss 10-5
Scores from Friday
- Kentucky def. No. 19 Auburn, 5-1 (Game 1)
- No. 19 Auburn def. Kentucky, 6-3 (Game 2)
- Missouri def. Georgia, 10-3
- LSU def. No. 21 Vanderbilt, 8-3
- No. 1 Tennessee def. Mississippi State, 4-3
- Florida def. South Carolina, 8-0
- Alabama def. No. 7 Arkansas, 8-6
- Ole Miss def. No. 6 Texas A&M, 14-6
SEC baseball schedule Saturday, May 21
All times ET
- LSU at No. 21 Vanderbilt, 2 p.m., SEC Network
- No. 19 Auburn at Kentucky, 2 p.m., SEC Network +
- Missouri at Georgia, 2 p.m., SEC Network +
- South Carolina at Florida, 2 p.m., SEC Network +
- No. 7 Arkansas at Alabama, 2 p.m., SEC Network +
- No. 6 Texas A&M at Ole Miss, 2 p.m., SEC Network +
- No. 1 Tennessee at Mississippi State, 3 p.m., SEC Network +