Joe Lunardi Bracketology: SEC leads all conferences in latest NCAAT projections
Conference play for the 2023 college basketball season is almost here after a month and a half of non-conference action.
The best teams in the country are separating themselves from the pack, and some teams from the SEC have emerged as squads to watch out for when conference play kicks off in the first week of January.
As of December 26, ESPN’s Joe Lunardi has 9 SEC teams in his latest Bracketology, or projections for the NCAA Tournament in March. Tennessee leads the way and is projected as a 2-seed come March while Kentucky is not far behind, projected as a 4-seed against Indiana.
The SEC’s 9 current projected teams marks the most of any conference. Lunardi has the Big 12 in 2nd with 8 and the Big Ten not far behind with 7 represented.
Check out the first-round details for each SEC team based on Lunardi’s projections below. Want to see the full bracket? You can check that out here.
- Tennessee: 2-seed vs. Longwood
- Kentucky: 4-seed vs. Indiana
- Auburn: 5-seed vs. Grand Canyon
- Alabama: 6-seed vs. New Mexico/Kansas St.
- Texas A&M: 6-seed vs. Texas/Virginia Tech
- Ole Miss: 7-seed vs. James Madison
- Florida: 10-seed vs. Gonzaga
- Mississippi State: 10-seed vs. Ohio State
- South Carolina: 11-seed vs. Creighton