College football games in August: 11 games happen this month
August is here, so football is officially back as games will be played this month and college football season is ready to go.
While most teams will get the 2022 season started in Week 1 from Sept. 1-3, a select few teams will start the action in Week 0. This season, Week 0 will take part on Aug. 27. One interesting game, and really the venue, will be Northwestern and Nebraska playing in Ireland.
Greg Sankey will be in Hawaii for Vanderbilt’s opener. At SEC Media Days on the SEC Network, Clark Lea shared his expectations for the season opener.
“We have to be ready before we begin,” Lea said on SEC Network, per Vandy247. “I would even say a year ago one of the criticisms that I took on myself for our team was we weren’t starting fast. Well now we don’t have the luxury to sit around and wait. That game that will be played in Hawaii, there will be a lot of factors that go into the outcome of that game that go beyond just the talent on the field. It’s the trip. It’s the act of getting acclimated to the time change and the environment. And then it’s been prepared to throw the first punch. We will have that as part of our formula every day in camp moving forward, and we have to trust in that preparation to get us ready.”
Here are the games and TV networks:
- Vanderbilt at Hawai’i – 10:30 pm, CBS SN
- Nevada at New Mexico State – TBD
- Austin Peay at Western Kentucky – 12 pm, CBS SN
- Idaho State at UNLV – 3:30 pm, CBS SN
- UConn at Utah State – 4 pm, FS1
- Duquesne at Florida State – 5 pm, ACC Network
- Charlotte at Florida Atlantic – 7 pm, CBS SN
- Florida A&M at UNC – 8:15 pm, ACC Network
- North Texas at UTEP – 9 pm, none
- Nebraska vs. Northwestern – 12:30 pm EST, FOX
- Wyoming at Illinois – 4 pm EST, BTN