College football rankings: AP Top 25 Week 5 projection
The college football rankings will be released Sunday afternoon, and there will be some changes.
Namely, the Arkansas Razorbacks should jump from No. 16 into the top 7 of the updated AP Top rankings. The Hogs demolished No. 7 Texas A&M 20-10 in the Southwest Classic. The Hogs are physical on both lines of scrimmage, and that defense — man, it’s good. Arkansas plays No. 2 Georgia next week. That could be a classic.
The Iowa Hawkeyes look like a top 5 team this year (so far). Iowa beat Colorado State 24-14 Saturday to stay undefeated, and it could jump into the Top 4 based on Oklahoma looking iffy against West Virginia.
It was ugly, but Michigan remained undefeated Saturday with the win over Rutgers 20-13. Jim Harbaugh has the Wolverines playing winning football, even though the eye test just isn’t there.
As you’ll see below, the Clemson Tigers will likely fall out of the top 25 rankings Sunday. The Tigers have looked bad on offense all season, and it caught up to them again Saturday in the 27-21 loss to NC State.
Below is how we think the college football rankings AP Top 25 will look Sunday afternoon.
College football rankings: AP Top 25 Week 5 Projection
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (def. Southern Miss 63-14)
2. Georgia Bulldogs (def. Vanderbilt 62-0)
3. Oregon Ducks (def. Arizona 41-19)
4. Iowa Hawkeyes (def. Colorado State 24-14)
5. Oklahoma Sooners (def. WVU 16-13)
6. Penn State Nittany Lions (def. Villanova 38-17)
7. Arkansas Razorbacks (def. Texas A&M 20-10)
8. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (def. Wisconsin 41-13)
9. Cincinnati Bearcats (Bye)
10. Florida Gators (def. Tennessee 38-14)
11. Ole Miss Rebels (Bye)
12. Ohio State Buckeyes (def. Akron 59-7)
13. BYU Cougars (def. USF 35-27)
14. Michigan Wolverines (def. Rutgers 20-13)
15. Texas A&M Aggies (lost to Arkansas 20-10)
16. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (def. UMass 53-3)
17. Michigan State Spartans (def. Nebraska 23-20)
18. Oklahoma State Cowboys (def. Kansas State 31-20)
19. UCLA Bruins (def. Stanford 35-24)
20. Fresno State Bulldogs (def. UNLV 38-30)
21. Auburn Tigers (def. Georgia State 34-24)
22. Baylor Bears (def. Iowa State 31-29)
23. NC State Wolfpack (def. Clemson 27-21)
24. SMU Mustangs (def. TCU 42-34)
25. Iowa State Cyclones (lost to Baylor 31-29)