College football rankings: AP Top 25 Week 8 projection
The updated college football rankings will be released Sunday afternoon with the AP Top 25 Poll and the Coaches Poll.
The Georgia Bulldogs will remain at No. 1 after pulverizing undefeated No. 11 Kentucky. The Wildcats shouldn’t fall too far though. We have them falling 2 spots to No. 13.
The Cincinnati Bearcats continue winning, and they should jump up to No. 2 after Iowa was taken down by Purdue. The Bearcats look like a Playoff team through 7 weeks of play.
The Iowa Hawkeyes will fall out of the top 5 following the loss to unranked Purdue.
Below is how we think the college football rankings AP Top 25 will look Sunday afternoon.
College football rankings: AP Top 25 Week 8 Projection
1. Georgia Bulldogs (def. Kentucky)
2. Cincinnati Bearcats (def. UCF)
3. Oklahoma Sooners (def. TCU)
4. Alabama Crimson Tide (def. Mississippi State)
5. Ohio State Buckeyes (bye)
6. Iowa Hawkeyes (lost to Purdue)
7. Penn State Nittany Lions (bye)
8. Michigan Wolverines (bye)
9. Michigan State Spartans (def. Indiana)
10. Oklahoma State Cowboys (def. Texas)
11. Oregon Ducks (def. Cal)
12. Ole Miss Rebels (def. Tennessee)
13. Kentucky Wildcats (lost to Georgia)
14. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (bye)
15. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (bye)
16. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (bye)
17. Texas A&M Aggies (def. Mizzou)
18. Auburn Tigers (def. Arkansas)
19. NC State Wolfpack (def. Boston College)
20. Baylor Bears (def. BYU)
21. SMU Mustangs (bye)
22. Purdue Boilermakers (def. Iowa)
23. San Diego State Aztecs (def. San Jose State)
24. Utah Utes (def. Arizona State)
25. BYU Cougars (lost to Baylor)