College football schedule (September 2, 2021): 16 games happen Thursday night
Well, SEC fans, we’ve finally made it!
The Southeastern Conference officially kicks off the season Thursday night with Bowling Green’s trip to Tennessee. The Volunteers are looking for a big debut under new head coach Josh Heupel and first-year starting quarterback Joe Milton. After a tumultuous last few years, Vols fans are looking for a fresh start under Heupel and company. Bowling Green and Tennessee kick off at 8:00 p.m. ET on the SEC Network. You can bet on the game here.
Another game SEC fans will care about is Ohio State’s trip to Minnesota. Yes, the Buckeyes are a big favorite; however, kicking off the season against a conference opponent is never as easy as it sounds. The Buckeyes are about a two-touchdown favorite, but could this one be closer than the experts predict?
The full college football schedule for Thursday night can be seen below.
College Football Schedule: Thursday, September 2nd
- Temple at Rutgers, 6:30 p.m. ET (Big Ten Network)
- The Citadel at Coastal Carolina, 7:00 p.m. ET (ESPN+)
- Long Island University at FIU, 7:00 p.m. ET (ESPN3)
- Boise State at UCF, 7:00 p.m. ET (ESPN)
- Western Illinois at Ball State, 7:00 p.m. ET (ESPN+)
- Wagner at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. ET (ESPN3)
- Weber State at Utah, 7:30 p.m. ET (Pac-12 Network)
- South Florida at NC State, 7:30 p.m. ET (ACC Network)
- East Carolina at Appalachian State, 7:30 p.m. ET (ESPNU)
- UC Davis at Tulsa, 7:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+)
- Ohio State at Minnesota, 8:00 p.m. ET (FOX)
- Bowling Green at Tennessee, 8:00 p.m. ET (SEC Network)
- UT Martin at Western Kentucky, 8:00 p.m. ET (ESPN+)
- Houston Baptist at New Mexico, 8:00 p.m. ET
- Eastern Washington at UNLV, 10:00 p.m. ET
- Southern Utah at Arizona State, 10:30 p.m. ET (Pac-12 Network)