ESPN's FPI predicts every game on Florida's schedule
Year 1 under Dan Mullen couldn’t have gone any better. Florida finished an impressive 10-3 with wins over ranked Mississippi State, LSU and Michigan.
So, what’s in store for the Gators in Year 2 under Mullen? The SEC East may come down to Florida-Georgia (again), and the game in Jacksonville will be massive.
Looking ahead to Florida 2019 schedule, ESPN’s Football Power Index projects the Gators to finish 8-4 on the season. The non-conference schedule features Miami and FSU, along with UT Martin and Towson. We’re going to learn a lot about the Gators against the Hurricanes.
Florida’s toughest game? The FPI says LSU, as it only gives the Gators a 29.7 percent chance to win in Baton Rouge. The second toughest game falls against Georgia, which the FPI gives Florida a 36.8 percent chance to win.
Below is Florida’s full schedule and projected win probability, per the FPI:
- August 24: Miami (Orlando): 73.4 percent win probability
- September 7: UT Martin: 99.5 percent
- September 14: at Kentucky: 73.2 percent
- September 21: Tennessee: 69 percent
- September 28: Towson: 99.1 percent
- October 5: Auburn: 60.6 percent
- October 12: at LSU: 29.7 percent
- October 19: at South Carolina: 57.7 percent
- November 2: Georgia (Jacksonville): 36.8 percent
- November 9: Vanderbilt: 88.5 percent
- November 16: at Missouri: 56.6 percent
- November 30: Florida State: 74.1 percent