NFL Week 4 recap: Trey Burton makes impact on special teams
Here are some of the notable performance in Sunday’s Week 4 NFL action from the Florida alumni.
- Trey Burton – blocked a punt that was returned for a touchdown. Trey Burton may not get the reps on offense, but the NFL rookie is making an impact on the Eagles’ special teams unit. With the 49ers backed into their own end zone, Burton took advantage of the short distance to the punter by breaking through the line and blocking a punt. The football was picked up by the Eagles in the end zone for a touchdown.
- Louis Murphy – eight receptions for 99 yards. Murphy was just signed back to Bucs this week and came through in a big way. He led the team with eight receptions and 99 receiving yards, including a crucial catch and run on the Bucs’ game-winning drive to set up the winning touchdown.
- Riley Cooper – six receptions for 54 yards. It was a slow day offensively for the Eagles with all three touchdowns coming from either the special teams or the defense. Cooper led the receiving corps with six receptions and 54 yards against the 49ers.
Other notable NFL performances from Florida alumni:
- Josh Evans – six total tackles
- Caleb Sturgis – 41 yard field goal and 5-for-5 on PATs
- Solomon Patton – one rush for 19 yards and 74 return yards
- Major Wright – nine total tackles, including six solo stops