ESPN's FPI predicts Georgia's remaining games
Georgia took advantage of a tune-up game against Murray State in the second week of the season, winning 63-17 as four different running backs got on the board with touchdowns.
The real fun likely will not start for Georgia fans for another two weeks, as the Bulldogs host Arkansas State in a game which they have a 96.3% chance to win, per ESPN’s FPI. It will be the following week, when Georgia fans flock to Athens for a home date with seventh-ranked Notre Dame. It was only two seasons ago that the two teams met at Notre Dame Stadium, where Georgia escaped with a 20-19 win in 2017. The FPI has Kirby Smart’s team winning that game, but certainly expects it to be one of the most competitive matchups of the season, as the win probability decreased from a week ago.
Things will heat up down the road in SEC play, but the FPI still has plenty of faith in the Bulldogs. Here is the projected win probability of each remaining game:
- Sept. 14 vs. Arkansas State: 96.3%
- Sept. 21 vs. Notre Dame: 66.5%
- Oct. 5 @ Tennessee: 85.5%
- Oct. 12 vs. South Carolina: 79.6%
- Oct. 19 vs. Kentucky 87.9%
- Nov. 2 vs. Florida: 63.8%
- Nov. 9 vs. Missouri: 82.9%
- Nov. 16 @ Auburn: 52.8%
- Nov. 23 vs. Texas A&M: 74.9%
- Nov. 30 @ Georgia Tech: 95.2%