ESPN's FPI predicts the remaining games on Georgia's schedule
Struggling out of the gate, the Georgia Bulldogs replaced redshirt freshman quarterback D’Wan Mathis with redshirt junior Stetson Bennett in the 2nd quarter of the season-opener against Arkansas.
Bennett promptly engineered 5 scoring drives, 3 of them ending in touchdowns, and piloted the Bulldogs to what ended up being a comfortable 37-10 victory.
Jumped by the rival Florida Gators for the No. 3 spot in Sunday’s Associated Press Poll, Georgia faces ranked opponents in 4 of the next 5 games, which ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) provided their updated projections for.
Here is a quick reminder of how FPI is calculated.
The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength meant to be the best predictor of a team’s success for the rest of the season.
FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.
The Bulldogs’ remaining slate:
- Oct. 3 vs. No. 7 Auburn (57.4 percent)
- Oct. 10 vs. No. 21 Tennessee (86.9 percent)
- Oct. 17 at No. 2 Alabama (25.8 percent)
- Oct. 24 at Kentucky (79.4 percent)
- Nov. 7 vs. No. 3 Florida (53.8 percent)
- Nov. 14 at Missouri (84.4 percent)
- Nov. 21 vs. No. 16 Mississippi State (88.1 percent)
- Nov. 28 at South Carolina (86.8 percent)
- Dec. 5 vs. Vanderbilt (96.3 percent)
Saturday’s top 10 showdown at Sanford Stadium will kick at 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.