Jake Fromm taking over as starter at Georgia in 2017 set off incredible chain of QB transfers
In Week 1 of the 2017 season, Georgia starting QB Jacob Eason went down with a leg injury. The rest, as they say, was history.
True freshman Jake Fromm took over and never gave the starting job back, leading the Bulldogs all the way to the national championship game, where they lost in overtime to Alabama.
However, one Reddit commenter noted that the decision to stick with Fromm has now had major ramifications across the college football world.
Here’s a breakdown of the 6 quarterbacks who have now changed schools since Fromm locked down the Georgia job:
- 5-star Jacob Eason — Georgia to Washington
- 5-star Justin Fields — Georgia to Ohio State
- 4-star Tate Martell — Ohio State to Miami
- 4-star Colson Yankoff — Washington to UCLA
- 4-star Matthew Baldwin — Ohio State to TCU
- 3-star Jake Haener — Washington to TBD
That’s a grand total of 25 recruiting stars, for those keeping score at home, all from the fallout of Fromm holding onto the starting job at Georgia.
Will there be even more transfers due to Fromm/Eason/Fields? We’ll find out in the coming months.