Kentucky sets attendance policy for Kroger Field
Much like the rest of the Southeastern Conference, Kentucky has limited the capacity of the team’s football stadium for the coming season due to COVID-19.
Kroger Field will be limited to 20 percent of the stadium’s capacity, or around 12,000. Stadium suites will be limited to 10 people suite, WYKT CBS out of Lexington was the first to report this news.
Much like the rest of the league, Kentucky is not going to allow tailgating to take place on campus.
When asked recently about having fans attend games in Kroger Field this fall, Mark Stoops offered up this comment.
“I really hope we do,” the Kentucky coach said. “That would be a severe disadvantage for us if the SEC is having fans at 20 percent, 25, 30 percent, whatever it is, and we’re not able to. If you’re asking me if I’d like it, of course not. But I’ll also play by the rules that they tell me to play by.”
Thankfully, Big Blue Nation won’t have to deal with sitting out the season completely, as a portion of the fan base will still be able to attend games this season.
Here are the game day changes that will be made for Kroger Field this season:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures throughout the stadium prior to and during all events
- Mobile ticketing and parking passes to reduce contact between staff and fans
- Requiring face coverings for all fans at all times, with the exception of when fans are sitting in their seats while eating or drinking
- Suggesting that fans to enter and exit at specified gates
- Requiring fans to keep the proper physical distance
- Providing signage in common areas to assist with physical distancing
- Hand sanitization and washing stations located throughout the stadium
- Increased physical spacing while using elevators by reducing capacity of each elevator to three persons
- Concessions featuring cashless transactions
- Parking lots to open three hours prior to kickoff
- No gatherings in parking lots prior to the game
- No tailgating, generators, trailers, tents, grills or cooking of any kind will be allowed in parking lots this season
- Gates will open two hours prior to kickoff
- Anyone around the stadium on gameday will be expected to have a ticket or credential for that day’s game
- No RVs will be permitted in the parking lots
- The bringing of bags of any sort are strongly discouraged and only small, clear bags will be admitted