Though interim coach Ed Orgeron has taken LSU by storm through his first three games, he’s still not the favorite to land the full-time gig, according to updated odds. However, Orgeron has taken a huge leap toward landing the job if you look back at the original odds released for LSU’s opening.
Houston coach Tom Herman is still the favorite, checking in at -140, but Coach O is catching up, with +100 odds.
Other notable names on bookmaker.eu list include:
- Jimbo Fisher (Florida State) — +400
- Lane Kiffin (Alabama) — +2,000
- Larry Fedora (North Carolina) — +2,500
- Gary Patterson (TCU) — +3,500
- Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech) — +3,500
- Mike Gundy (Oklahoma State) — +3,500
The field (meaning anyone not on the list) has odds of +600, meaning there’s a chance someone not currently named in LSU rumors could make a late push for the job.