Updated odds on LSU's next head coach
Though interim coach Ed Orgeron has taken LSU by storm through his first three games, he’s still not the favorite to land the full-time gig, according to updated odds. However, Orgeron has taken a huge leap toward landing the job if you look back at the original odds released for LSU’s opening.
Houston coach Tom Herman is still the favorite, checking in at -140, but Coach O is catching up, with +100 odds.
Other notable names on bookmaker.eu list include:
- Jimbo Fisher (Florida State) — +400
- Lane Kiffin (Alabama) — +2,000
- Larry Fedora (North Carolina) — +2,500
- Gary Patterson (TCU) — +3,500
- Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech) — +3,500
- Mike Gundy (Oklahoma State) — +3,500
The field (meaning anyone not on the list) has odds of +600, meaning there’s a chance someone not currently named in LSU rumors could make a late push for the job.