What Ed Orgeron said about Auburn ahead of Saturday's game
The SEC’s biggest game of Week 3 happens Saturday at Auburn, as the emerging LSU Tigers travel to Jordan-Hare Stadium for the annual clash.
LSU and Auburn both enter Saturday 2-0 and ranked in the top top 12 in the country.
Ed Orgeron knows the tall task that’s ahead for his team, and here’s what he said about playing Auburn during his Monday press conference.
- “These guys are going to be hungry to match the intensity level or play better than we did against Miami. Auburn is a better team than Miami. It’s going to take our best.”
- On trying to slow down Auburn’s DL: “If you’re going to try and single block them, you have to be a man.”
- “Jarrett Stidham is one of the best quarterbacks we’re going to face all year.”
- “I believe our offensive line will have their best game” against Auburn.
- “The feeling we had before the game against Miami was not there last week against Southeastern Louisiana. We need to have that intensity and more in order to win the game vs. Auburn.”
- On last game at Auburn: “That was an emotional time for everybody.” (Les Miles’ last game before he got fired).
- “It’s going to take our best to beat them.”
You can watch Orgeron’s full press conference below:
Coach Ed Orgeron takes the podium for the weekly press conference, this week previewing Saturday’s SEC opener at Auburn https://t.co/3ec4Rp4fcH
— LSU Football (@LSUfootball) September 10, 2018