What Ed Orgeron said after blowout win over Oklahoma in Playoff
In its first appearance in the College Football Playoff, LSU continued its dominant season.
The Tigers improved to 14-0 with a 63-28 win over Oklahoma in Saturday’s Peach Bowl in Atlanta. They’ll advance to the CFP National Championship, where they’ll play either Ohio State or Clemson in New Orleans on Jan. 13.
Here’s some of what LSU head coach Ed Orgeron had to say after his team’s impressive victory:
- On win over Oklahoma: “I’m going to enjoy this victory. Oklahoma is a good football team. And then we’re going to go through the process, we’ve got a couple days off and we’ll watch the game tonight, see who we’re playing, and start preparing.”
- On the Tigers’ offense: “I’ve been a part of some good football teams, but I’ve never been a part of an offense like this.”
- On playing in CFP National Championship in New Orleans: “It’ll be like a fight. Once you get punched in the mouth, all of that stuff goes out the window. We are excited to play at home though.”
- More on CFP National Championship: “We love that it is at home, but that’s not going to win the game for you.”
- On running back Chris Curry: “The style of runs that we’re running, his practice the last two weeks, the coaches came up to me today and said, ‘Coach, what do you think, Chris Curry ought to be the first back in?’ And I said, ‘If you all believe in him, put him in.’ He played well. Chris has come a long way, and he’s proved on a daily basis to his teammates and to his coaches that he’s worthy of the game he played tonight.”
LIVE: @Coach_EdOrgeron meets with the media after a statement win in the #CFAPeachBowl. https://t.co/f01RRWBeVn
— Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (@CFAPeachBowl) December 29, 2019
Louisiana sportsbooks are up and running. Residents in the state can now signup at one of the various sportsbook operators and begin betting on NFL, college football, NBA and more.