The Missouri Tigers got off to a good start on Saturday against Boston College, scoring the game’s first touchdown. Then, on Boston College’s first pass attempt, Mizzou DB Shawn Robinson snagged an interception.

That was about the end of the good news for the Tigers and coach Eli Drinkwitz in the first half.

Boston College battled back to tie the score 17-17 at halftime. Then, the second half was all Eagles.

Pat Garwo III took advantage of Mizzou’s total disinterest in tackling, rushing for a career high in yards. Garwo finished with 24 carries for 173 yards and 2 touchdowns. Meanwhile, QB Dennis Grosel made enough plays with his arm (and his legs) to stymie the Mizzou defense even further.

By the end of the third quarter, the Eagles had taken a 27-17 lead by thoroughly dominating the Tigers in that frame:

That was a horrendous quarter for both Drinkwitz’s offense and Steve Wilks’ defense.

But, the fourth quarter saw the Tigers turn it around a bit. Walk-on RB Michael Cox scored on this nice run to cut into the deficit:

Then, Tyler Badie made an incredible catch to keep a Tiger drive alive on this low throw from QB Connor Bazelak:

Badie finished off the drive by plunging into the end zone for his second score of the day:

However, leading 31-27, the Tigers had yet another defensive breakdown. An inexcusable 15-yard penalty on the ensuing kickoff (a touchback, no less) hurt the Tigers. Then, Boston College once again marched down the field.

Travis Levy did the damage this time around, scoring the go-ahead touchdown:

That left Mizzou with 25 seconds to try to force overtime. The Tigers got the ball to where it would be a 56-yard try for kicker Harrison Mevis.

And Mevis did this:

That sent the game into overtime. Boston College scored on its first possession in overtime.

Then, on the first play for Missouri, Bazelak threw an interception, sealing the Eagles’ 41-34 victory:

The Tigers fell to 2-2 with the loss.

Mizzou will face Tennessee at home next weekend.