What Barry Odom said after Missouri's 34-14 win over South Carolina
Missouri had a dominating defensive performance in a 34-14 win over South Carolina, including two touchdowns and just 16 rushing yards allowed by the Gamecocks.
The win snapped a three-game losing streak in the series and meant that the Mayor’s Cup is in Missouri for the next year.
- Probably as dominating a day defensively I’ve seen in a while.
- Odom heaps praise on DC Ryan Walters for his game plan today. Everything started with stopping South Carolina’s running game.
- Called Cale Garrett’s recovery a “game-changing play.”
- On Perkins’ 100-yard interception return: “You talk about momentum, man…”
- Doesn’t think Yasir Durant’s injury is long term. Said he wanted to play today but wasn’t 100 percent.
- This team has grown each week in handling adversity, was especially pleased with the offense not letting one setback multiply during the course of the game.
- About the Mayor’s Cup: “We’ll find a place for it and hopefully keep it here for a while.”
- “I know I’m not very good coming off a bye. It’s well documented. I appreciate you all pointing it out.”