What Barry Odom said after Missouri's 50-0 win over SEMO
Missouri improved to 2-1 with a huge win over Southeast Missouri State, and the Tigers scored in all 3 phases of the game.
Cale Garrett took an interception back for a touchdown, Richard Floyd scored on a punt return, and Kelly Bryant pitched a touchdown to Albert Okwuegbunam.
Overall, the yardage edge was 501 to 94 for the Tigers as they built a 37-0 lead at halftime.
- On next week’s SEC opener against South Carolina: “Ante goes up a little bit. Time to strap it up.”
- On student section staying until the end: “Man, I was happy they stayed. … We’re all in it together. … Saturday night in Columbia and they could have been doing a few other things and that’s awesome.”
- If the game were closer, LT Yasir Durant could have stayed in the game.
- Odom said he tried to get everyone who was eligible into the game.
- Odom points out that Mizzou won 50-0 in the 500th game at Memorial Stadium. “Those things just don’t happen and line up.”
- “Next week at 3 p.m., hopefully we’ll have the place sold out.”
- Odom said Trajan Jeffcoat is practicing but the medical staff hasn’t cleared him to play in a game yet. “He’s close.”
- Odom asked about being up 27-0 eight minutes in: “I hope we’re in that situation a lot.’