5 impact players to watch for Ole Miss this week
Ole Miss hosts Arkansas this week before its bye week. This game is the last for the Rebels before they play LSU so it could be assumed Ole Miss could overlook this one.
Here are five players for the Rebels who will need to shine to keep Ole Miss alive for an SEC title run:
- Damore’ea Stringfellow, WR: The Washington transfer has become a favorite target of quarterback Chad Kelly. With Laquon Treadwell and Quincy Adeboyjo getting lots of attention from secondaries, Stringfellow has been able to get open and expand the field for the Rebels. He has caught 28 passes for 362 yards and two touchdowns this season.
- Justin Bell, OL: The senior has been battling nagging injuries but has played multiple positions along the offensive line. He has helped paved the way for a newly-found Ole Miss rushing attack that is averaging nearly 5 yards per carry.
- Tony Connor, S: The Batesville, Miss., native has missed time since he tore his meniscus against Alabama. He will see some time this week to literally get his feet wet before the bye week and the LSU game. He is going to be tested by Arkansas tight end Hunter Henry.
- Fadol Brown, DL: With attention being slanted toward Robert Nkemdiche and the emergence of Marquis Haynes, Brown has stepped up for the Rebels. He leads the team with 10 quarterback hurries and is solid in the run game. Brown needs to help neutralize the Hogs’ Alex Collins.
- Carlos Davis, PR: Davis is not the flashiest punt returner in the world, but he has given the Rebels something they have needed in the punt return game –stability. Ole Miss fumbled two punts away against Fresno State, but since Davis took over the return duties, Ole Miss has a dependable player to field punts. The Rebs cannot afford turnovers in the special teams this week against Arkansas.