Ole Miss releases plans for Grove to host GameDay Saturday
The Ole Miss Rebels will finally get their chance to host ESPN’s College GameDay in the Grove on Saturday when No. 3 Alabama comes to town.
Rebels faithful have hardly contained their excitement since discovering GameDay would be coming to Oxford late last Saturday, but along with the festivities comes some major changes to the normal tailgating procedures in the Grove.
Ole Miss Athletics Director Ross Bjork released a video Tuesday detailing the revised procedures for Saturday. If you haven’t seen it already and are planning on tailgating in the Grove along with the GameDay crew, watch the video below:
Ole Miss also released an itinerary for this weekend’s festivities that any Ole Miss fan planning to attend Saturday’s game should read before the weekend. Here’s a brief run-through (please note all times are listed in Central time):
- The Grove will open at 9 AM for fans to claim their spots for Saturday. Fans will not be able to set up a tent until 8 PM Friday night.
- Parking lots will open at 6 AM, as will “The Pit,” where fans will be able to take in the live broadcast with a view of the Chris Fowler, Lee Corse, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard.
- Shuttle service from off-campus lots will begin running at 7 AM.
- The GameDay broadcast will run from 8 AM until 11 AM.
- University Ave. and Grove Loop will close to traffic at 10 AM.
- Kickoff is scheduled inside Vaught-Hemingway Stadium for 2:30 PM.
- Shuttle service to off-campus lots will conclude 2 hours after the end of the game.
- The Grove officially closes at midnight.