The 2018 college football season is already nearing a conclusion, and that means the 2019 NFL Draft is only a few short months away.
On Friday, CBS Sports analyst Chris Trapasso updated his 2019 first-round mock draft, and an impressive 10 SEC players were included.
As you can see below, there are a whopping six SEC stars projected to go in the first 10 picks, led by Alabama OL Jonah Williams at No. 2:
- No. 2 — Jonah Williams, OL, Alabama — New York Giants
- No. 4 — Greg Little, OL, Ole Miss — Arizona Cardinals
- No. 5 — AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss — San Francisco 49ers
- No. 6 — Greedy Williams, DB, LSU — Cleveland Browns
- No. 7 — Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky — New York Jets
- No. 8 — Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- No. 12 — Deandre Baker, DB, Georgia — Oakland Raiders
- No. 16 — Ross Pierschbacher, OL, Alabama — Baltimore Ravens
- No. 20 — Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 26 — Deionte Thompson, DB, Alabama — Carolina Panthers
Trapasso only has one quarterback going in the first round of this mock draft, so it’s probably not very realistic.
Still, it’s hard to argue with the SEC players he mentioned in this draft, especially those he has going in the top 10.